Life skills increase young people’s wellbeing and help them to develop into active and productive members of their communities. … The goal of Youth Personality Development is to empower youth socially and economically through education, developing their life skills & providing entrepreneurship development.
As young people grow up, they build skills and knowledge that are important to them as youth, and that become more important as they become more independent and grow older. Becoming fully engaged in the world around themselves leaves youth and personal development as important things to think about and work towards.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choices. – Proverb
Some of the issues young people can address through personal development include:
- Increasing self-awareness
- Learning new skills, including communication, visioning and goal setting, life planning, etc.
- Developing self-respect and self-esteem
- Building strengths and talents
- Identifying employability
- Enhancing quality of life
- Improving health
- Enriching social abilities
- Fostering independent living skills such as educational planning, money management, bill paying, etc.
- Managing transitions and rites-of-passage